- 825W nominal output with variable wattage
- Adjustable duty cycle - 1sec and greater for precise process control
- Accurate temperature control (± 0.5°C)
- 3 different timer modes
- Magnetron pre-warming system
- Flexible temperature probe
- Bubble-manifold for 5 tubes
- Vacuum system for rapid infiltration (optional)
- Forced exhaust system with fail safe interlock
- Visual and Acoustic warnings for errors and malfunctions
- User-friendly touch keypad (set/store programmable parameters)
- 5-port bubble mixing system
- Multiple operation modes
- Chamber ventilation
- vacuum cycling system for rapid infiltration (optional)
- Load cooler/circulation system (optional)
- 8‘ Ventilation Hose
- Microwave Companion
- Processor Tray
- 74 Position Cassette Basket Set
- 2 Histoprocessing Bowls
- 2 Transparent Microwave Containers
- Polar Heat Sample Pack
- Preserve Solution Vacuum Processor Bowl (when ordered with Vacuum option)
- Vacuum Processor Cover (when ordered with Vacuum option)
- User Manual
Safety features of the EMS 9000 – a robust and safe instrument
- On-board screen to caution and shut down the system if the probe temperature is too high, system overheats, a keyboard error occurs the vent malfunctions or the probe temperature is too low.
- The stainless-steel oven chamber is very easy to clean. It is extremely resistant to staining solutions and solvents.
- The ceramic floor of the unit serves as a thermal insulator, does not absorb microwaves and is completely chemically resistant.
- Easy operation and maintenance: All controls can be set with one hand and are easily accessible for changes at any time.
- Built-in reflector evenly distributes the microwaves and prevents "hot spots" from forming even for very small volumes.
For Optimum Results
The EMS 9000 is equipped with a touch pad for quick and easy programming of all settings. The accurate temperature control, the adjustable set effect, the well-ventilated chamber and the three different timing modes, make the EMS 9000 a highly advanced lab microwave.
Accurate Temperature Control
The temperature control prevents the tissue in the chamber from becoming denatured (by high temperature) and assists pulsing the microwave effect in small precise portions. It is directly linked to the microwave magnetron to allow efficient switching on and off at the preset effect level.
The temperature probe is mounted on a ball swivel for easy placement within the microwave chamber. It is made from stainless steel and is flexible to be bent and placed as required in various shaped containers. The temperature sensor is located at the tip of the probe.
Adjustable Microwave Set Effect
The set effect is adjustable at any time either before or during a run to help balancing of the microwave load and the content of the microwave absorber. The instrument is able to preset parameters, which are stored in the memory and are selected to perform particular processes automatically.
NOTE: The penetration rate and process times are influenced by the presence of microwave radiation in the chamber and therefore it is imperative that the effect rate is adjustable.
5-Port Bubble Mixing
Inside the chamber there is a manifold for 5 tubes that enables bubble mixing in up to 5 containers simultaneously. The built-in air pump facilitates mixing and avoids temperature gradients during the mixing process. The adjustable bubble mixers make the EMS 9000 suitable for decalcifications.
A versatile unit with 3 different operation modes depending on the application
- Dual Mode
a. Time at temperature – The timer starts after the selectable threshold temperature is reached.
The timer measures the time of the process at the set point temperature.
b. Total time – The timer starts upon entry into "run" state and measures the total time of the process including the ramp-up time.
- Extended Timer Range of 99 hours: 59 minutes: 59 seconds
- Count up and Count down Timing.
The EMS 9000 processor has two microwave power control modes.
- Temperature mode – The power is adjusted in a closed loop fashion to obtain a particular temperature profile.
- Power mode – The power is adjusted in a fashion that ignores the process temperature as a control factor.
|Microwave Output:||825 W|
|Temperature Accuracy:||Timer error: <0.1% in all modes|
|Temperature Readout Update Rate:||once/sec|
|Temperature Readout Accuracy:||<0.5°C|
|Power Control Accuracy:||error <1%|
|Air Agitation: Total air agitator flow is||1 liter per minute nominal|
|Internal Lighting:||Chamber Lighting available at all times via keyboard switch (40 watt incandescent lamp)|
|Fluid Ports:||2 ports supplied as a standard – accepts up to 3/16" hose.|
|Pulse Length:||1 second|
|Vent System:||Vent fan rated at 106 CFM nominal|
|Input Power:||15A at 120 Volts nominal
10A at 230 Volts nominal
|System Dimensions:||19" High x 21.5" Wide x 24.5" Diameter
(48.3cm x 54.6cm x 62.2cm)
|Microwave Chamber:||9.5" High x 13.5" Wide x 15.5" Diameter
(24.1cm x 34.3cm x 39.4cm)
|Continuous Run:||Timer override works as a count up timer for an indefinite period of time.|
|Safety Interlocks:||* Vent interlock inhibits operation unless vent airflow is normal
* Primary Door Interlock
* Secondary Door Interlock
* Monitor Switch - Short circuit of the magnetron when door is open
* Oven temperature Switch
|100, 120, 230 volt models FCC approved, CSA NRTL approved.|