Hematoxylin Staining Tips
Staining Tips With Hematoxylin
- Check a slide from each batch of slides during times the workload is heavy to ensure good staining by the Hematoxylin.
- Do not allow the slides to dry out at any point during your staining procedure.
- Increase your staining time in Hematoxylin for tissues that have been in fixative longer than normal.
- Increase your staining time by at least 1⁄3 for autopsy tissues.
- Do not agitate the slides if you are using Ammonia water to Blue. The tissues are more susceptible to washing off if you agitate the slides.
- Check the pH of the Hematoxylin daily.