Stability of Special Staining Solutions
General Guidelines Concerning Solutions
- Check stock solutions regularly for signs of deterioration.
- All solutions should be dated and initialed by the person who prepared the solution.
- Use caution to prevent cross solution contamination.
- Use distilled or double distilled water to prepare solutions.
- Use reagent grade chemicals.
- Use dyes which are certified.
- Always keep solutions in well stoppered bottles.
- Refrigerated solutions should be poured into the staining jar, and the bottled solution returned to the refrigerator before it warms to room temperature.
- Return all staining solutions to shelves soon after use to prevent mix-up.
- Always use clean glassware.
- Make sure that balance, pH meter, etc., are in proper working order.